Lentil Asparagus Salad
- ½ cup lentils
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp red wine vinegar
- 4 cups spinach
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 10 spears asparagus, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 tbsp oil on your GenoPalate shopping list
- ¼ cup feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Toss asparagus in oil.
- Roast in oven on a baking sheet for 15 minutes, tossing once halfway through.
- While the asparagus roasts, cook lentils by adding them to a medium saucepan and covering with water about 3 inches above the lentils. Bring water to a boil and reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Once cooked, stir salt, pepper, cumin and red wine vinegar into lentils.
- To finish, in a medium bowl, combine spinach, asparagus, lentils, and feta cheese. Dress with your favorite homemade salad dressing.