Asian Inspired GenoPalate Bowl
- 3 oz. lean beef (use tofu, seitan, or another protein for a vegetarian option)
- 1 cup soba noodles
- ½ cup bok choy
- 1½ cup vegetables - daikon, red bell pepper, carrots, white mushrooms
- 1 Tbsp. sesame seeds and/or pistachios
- Cooking oil
- Fresh cilantro, for garnish
- 2 Tbsp peanut butter or nut butter of choice
- 1 Tbsp water (to thin - more if desired)
- ¾ Tbsp soy sauce (can use coconut aminos or tamari as soy-substitutes)
- ¾ Tbsp lime juice
- ½ Tbsp honey
- Cayenne pepper (optional)
- Cook beef (or protein of choice) on the stovetop with cooking oil over medium heat until the meat reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees F (steaks) or 160 degrees F (ground beef).
- While protein is cooking, prepare noodles according to package directions.
- Rinse and chop the bok choy and vegetables.
- Place a Tbsp. of oil in a skillet over medium-high heat and cook the vegetables for approximately 5 minutes. Then add bok choy and cook until wilted or desired consistency.
- While vegetables are cooking, combine ingredients for the sauce in a bowl and set aside.
- Chop fresh cilantro.
- Once you have prepared everything, combine noodles, beef, and vegetables into a bowl. Drizzle desired amount of sauce over your dish and garnish with sesame seeds, pistachios, and cilantro.
Make substitutes based on your GenoPalate Report! Try using a different grain instead of noodles or subbing in various vegetables.
View your foods and create this week's grocery list!