Data Upload FAQ
How do I upload my existing data from 23andMe? +
- Go to www.23andme.com
- Log into your personal account with 23andMe
- Click on your name in the upper right hand corner
- Go to BROWSE RAW DATA
- Click on DOWNLOAD
- Click SUBMIT REQUEST
- You will receive an email (within an hour) when your DNA download is complete. Open the email and click DOWNLOAD RAW DNA
- Save your data as a .txt file.
- Sign into your GenoPalate account and click on the upload icon. Select the Raw Data Text File on your computer to upload it. You have now completed uploading your genomic data for your GenoPalate analysis!
How do I upload my existing data from AncestryDNA? +
- Go to www.ancestry.com
- Log into your personal account with Ancestry.com Under the “DNA” tab
- Click YOUR DNA RESULTS SUMMARY
- Click on SETTINGS On the right side
- Click DOWNLOAD RAW DNA DATA. Enter your password and click confirm.
- You will receive an email (within an hour) when your DNA download is complete. Open the email and click CONFIRM DATA DOWNLOAD This will take you to a new page, “Download DNA Raw Data”
- Click on DOWNLOAD DNA RAW DATA
- Double click the Zip folder to view the Raw Data Text File.
- Sign into your GenoPalate account and click on the upload file icon. Select the Raw Data Text File on your computer to upload it. You have now completed uploading your genomic data for your GenoPalate analysis!
What file format should my data be in? How do I get my data in this format? +
Your existing DNA data file should be in a .txt format. This will be denoted by a .txt at the end of the file name.
Your data may download as a Zip folder. If this happens, open the folder by double clicking it. You will then be able to view the .txt file.
If you are having trouble opening the folder, right click it and select "extract all". You can then choose which folder you would like to save the file to and click "extract".
I have genetic data that is not from 23andMe or AncestryDNA, can you use this to generate my report? +
Data that is not from 23andMe or AncestryDNA does not provide us with the information to generate a GenoPalate report because different genetics companies analyze different genetic variants. You can purchase our DNA kit to get your DNA analyzed through our lab and start Eating For Your Genes.
How do I register my kit? +
Make your GenoPalate account at https://account.genopalate.com/register. Once your account is activated, click on the barcode icon and enter the 14 digit number on your test tube.
I ordered multiple of the same products, does it matter which product code I use for each? +
If you ordered multiple DNA kits or multiple Existing Data products, you can use any product code for that product.
Where can I find my product code? +
Your product code is the 7 digit number sent to you in an email after purchase. If you no longer have that email, please contact us at email@example.com.
What do I do if I forgot to register my barcode before sending my saliva sample to the lab? +
Reach out to our customer support team as soon as possible at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will address the situation with you.